e-AWV®: Provider Information
It’s just good medicine
The e-AWV averages about 45-60 minutes for the initial AWV
Licensed medical staff can perform the e-AWV instead of a physician
The average Primary Care Physician can double their Medicare reimbursement
No Physical Exam
The AWV is an educational visit, not a diagnostic visit.
Discuss medical/family history
Perform a health risk assessment
Set up a prevention plan
- The Annual Wellness Visit is NOT a physical exam. It is a preventive educational visit.
- The e-AWV System decreases audit risk by helping ensure you meet the Medicare Requirements for reimbursement.
- The physician does not need to perform the Annual Wellness Visit. Any licensed medical professional can perform the AWV (RN, LPN)
- Most primary care physicians can DOUBLE their annual Medicare reimbursement by providing AWVs.
- The AWV can be performed along with other procedures. (Check your MAC guidelines)
- The e-AWV System creates additional reimbursement opportunities for your practice.
- The e-AWV System creates a Personal Health Portfolio for your patients.
- The e-AWV System was created by an RN to have a Patient Focus while meeting the needs of your medical practice.
- Medicare WANTS to pay you for the Annual Wellness Visit because it saves taxpayer money through prevention
**The e-AWV also meets the requirements for the Welcome to Medicare (or IPPE) visit with the addition of a visual acuity screening. [IPPE must be done by a physician or NP/PA.]
- The Annual Wellness Visit is a preventive educational visit
- The e-AWV System helps patients understand their own health situation
- The e-AWV System creates a medication schedule for your patients that they can understand
- The e-AWV System provides a list of all the patients health providers
- The e-AWV System develops an immunization schedule
- The e-AWV can be performed when a patient is in your office for another procedure/visit
- The e-AWV System creates a printed Personal Health Portfolio for your patients
- The e-AWV System provides online access to your patients Personal Health Portfolio
The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) and the Welcome to Medicare (IPPE) Visit pay significantly higher rates than standard office visits.
Below are the national average rates for each visit, your actual rate will vary based on location:
G0402 Welcome to Medicare Visit (IPPE) $180.27 One time only, in first 12 months of enrollment
G0438 Initial Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) $172.36 One time only, at least 12 months after IPPE
G0439 Subseq Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) $121.44 Every year after the Initial AWV
The e-AWV System costs approximately 20% of your reimbursement rate; much less than the typical cost for similar products.
Volume discounts and subscription pricing are available. Contact us for details at 816-866-5688 or through the form below.
To check the rate for your area, go to: Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
“We have used the e-AWV on almost 300 patients. It is so much easier than a paper template, and guides my staff through the entire process. I wish EMR’s were this simple. Our patients are happy to receive a full personal health record at the end of the e-AWV and feel they have a better understanding of their health. We have increased our Medicare reimbursement while giving better care to our patients.”Dr. Graham Jones, MD